Famalco Holdings Ltd
Purpose of Job
The HR Recruitment & Retention Manager manages the recruitment process to maintain the required staffing levels for the Company. The position requires one to pre-screen and interview applicants, complete background reference checks, and administering applicable pre-hire assessments. Behavioural interviewing skills, general knowledge of clerical and specialized job functions within the organization, and a solid understanding of HR policies and procedures along with state laws regarding employment practices and reporting requirements is required.
The position also handles the learning and professional development of the organisation’s workforce to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks with either providing the training yourselves or arrange for a third party trainer so as to help with the ongoing, long-term improvement of employees’ skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within their organisation.
- Lead the development and execution of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each position;
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and employees;
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions;
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with mangers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plan and implementation;
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need;
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting;
- Maintain good records during all phases of the recruitment and hiring process;
- Improve company’s online presence to assist in recruiting;
- Review applicants to evaluate ability to excel in position;
- Assist in performing reference and background checks for potential employees;
- Develop recruiting plans and developing new, creative recruiting ideas.
- To aid in the implementation for Training Needs Analysis
- Aid in the Analysis, design, development, and evaluation of training and learning interventions
- To arrange, create, produce and distribute training-related material and facilities as required.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2+ years of recruitment experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Clearly conveys ideas verbally, visually, and in writing;
- Adjusts language to address the needs of differing audiences;
- Utilizes strong listening skills to formulate direct, responsive answers to questions;
- Effectively communicates ideas using analogies, visuals, and other techniques;
- Creatively identifies and utilizes effective communication channels and methods.
Skills & Expertise
- Keeps informed about changes to company’s employee needs;
- Acquires and applies new skills as necessary;
- Exercises good judgement;
- Modifies or creates appropriate methods and techniques in response to changing needs.
- Plans, prioritizes, and organizes tasks;
- Schedules time appropriately to accomplish objectives;
- Stays focused and avoids distractions;
- Gives accurate and effective instructions to maximize productivity;
- Manages competing demands while maintaining attention to critical issues.