Reporting to the Financial Controller, one will maintain, analyse, verify and reconcile financial information including transactions, statements, records and reports, and general Accounting duties for a portfolio of companies within the group.
In this role, you will also assist in the supervision of the department, ensuring timely compliance with any statutory legislation that may be in force from time to time and other ad hoc administrative work, while gauging the performance of staff under supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains the fixed assets register of assigned companies;
- Performs end-of-month general ledger and other procedures such as preparing journal entries, reconciling bank and general ledger accounts;
- Responsible for the integrity of the accounting system by ensuring that accounting transactions are correctly posted;
- Ensures the timely compilation of financial and management reports;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including variances reporting and investigations;
- Computes monthly cash flow statements and supporting documentation;
- Oversees the proper treatment of financial transactions whilst approving transactions that fall within designated limits;
- Liaising with the bank and daily online checking of the bank accounts;
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls;
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and Company procedures;
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects any resulting errors and inconsistencies in the financials;
- Prepares VAT and other statutory returns, including regulatory reports and any ad hoc reports requested by management;
- Oversees the performance of the direct reports, ensuring the proper delegation of duties, and assisting/coaching according to need;
- Perform other related duties as required
- A degree in accountancy (B.Hons; ACCA or equivalent)
- 2 years experience in a similar role
Skills and Abilities
- A sound knowledge of IFRS and Generally Accepted Auditing Practices (GAAP) Accounting;
- Implementing goals, objectives and practices for effective, efficient and cost effective management of allocated resources;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction;
- Possess a good eye for details with strong organizational skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with all levels in the Group including external stakeholders.
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.