Forming part of Famalco Group, the Audit and Compliance Manager will be responsible for three broad functional areas: Risk Management; Compliance, and internal Audit.
The successful candidate will therefore ensure that the company complies with any laws or regulations that apply to the business, protect assets by completing audits, and recommend improvements in internal control structure.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed;
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues;
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies;
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation;
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities;
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes;
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues;
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action strategies in cases of compliance standard violations;
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs;
- Review communications such as securities sales advertising to ensure there are no violations of standards or regulations;
- Provide assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews;
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations and progress;
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness;
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required;
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends, and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organizational processes;
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards;
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated;
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance, Economics or a similar discipline.
- At least 5 years experience in either external or internal audit, compliance, or risk management.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Innovative and Strategic thinking
- Well developed presentation and communication skills
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.