- Business Sector: Fresh Fruit Division
- Company: Fruitland Co. Ltd
- Reports to: Commercial & Business Development Manager
Under the direct supervision of the Commercial and Business Development Manager, this role will coordinate the purchasing function whilst assisting in the implementation of business development strategies within the assigned business division.
This will involve working closely with the respective stakeholders in order to maintain and enhance the current product portfolio, whilst having the responsibility for the smooth running of designated aspects of the company’s daily business.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of fresh fruit, dried fruit and vegetables.
- Ensure fruits and vegetables are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time.
- Foster close working relationships with associated Transport, Logistics and Finance departments within the group.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Serves as liaison with customers for the purpose of monitoring and consolidation of orders for better management of expenses.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the company’s portfolio and working knowledge of competitor products/services.
- Ensure that management is constantly appraised on market opportunities, trends, business developments and other assigned tasks.
- Provides ad-hoc and on-going decision support to the management by engaging in data analysis, risk/return analysis, research and market assessment activities for varying business scenarios.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short/long term plans, and any other activity related to the business.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Business Enterprise, Bachelor in Commerce (Honours) in Management.
- No experience required
Skills and Abilities
- “Hands on” approach to all tasks.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Versatile, tenacious and people orientated.
- Result orientated and confident.
- Proven appreciation of customer service expectations.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Sets priorities taking into account short and long-term needs of the business.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications and other systems operated by the company.
Commercial & Business Development Manager
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.