As a Financial analyst one will be responsible for the analyzes of the financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data as well as providing future projections and recommending actions to be taken.
Duties and responsibilities
- Determine cost of operations by establishing standard costs and collecting operational data;
- Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts;
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures. Provide trends and forecasts, explain processes and techniques, and recommend actions to management.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results, monitor variances, and identify trends.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in making investment decisions.
- Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Maintain database by entering, verifying, and backing up data;
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements;
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing publications;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in reporting, consolidation, financial analysis, and corporate finance.
Skills and Abilities
- Developing standards;
- Quality Management;
- Process improvement;
- Cost accounting;
- Statistical analysis;
- Financial planning and strategy;
- Reporting research results
- Financial skills;
- Critical Thinking, problem solving and excellent Communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel & Access)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.