Under general direction, the Receptionist is responsible to perform front desk and administrative support by answering telephone calls, greeting/directing visitors, and supporting other departments with general clerical duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Answers telephone calls in a professional and timely manner, forward calls to appropriate personnel and taking messages as needed;
- Greets and directs visitors to the appropriate person and/or department;
- Performs general filing functions;
- Process, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail;
- Administer meeting room requests within the head office, and solve conflicting appointments by liaising with the respective stakeholders;
- Prior to the start of important meetings, ascertain that the meeting rooms are appropriately set and in good condition;
- Co-ordinate the company cars booking procedure including general administration such as ensuring the return of keys, parking, and other information which is considered important for the efficient practice of the system;
- Inform the back-up receptionists with relevant information in case of planned absence from work: mainly meeting room bookings and company car reservations;
- Prepare coffee and other refreshments as requested;
- Perform general office duties as directed and assigned by the head of departments within the organization;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- An O-Level standard of education
- One year experience in a similar role
Skills and Abilities
- Conversant in Maltese and English both orally and in writing – preferably in Italian too;
- Computer literate preferably ECDL certified – knowledgeable of Microsoft Office applications;
- Professional and efficient communication skills with customers, employees and visitors in general;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Familiar with customer service technique applications;
- Multi-tasking and capable to prioritise work whilst maintaining a professional approach.
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.