Purpose of Job
Focused Knowledge is an emerging media and marketing company that has the Famalco Group as its main client. The company is responsible for the full spectrum branding and marketing of over 10 companies within the group.
The Marketing & Communications Manager supervises and directs the workflow of marketing, advertising and public relations specialists by assigning job tasks, facilitating interdepartmental communications and managing external communications. One would allocate company resources to maximize collaboration, efficiency and creativity in the building and maintenance of consistent branding or corporate identity across marketing and public relations channels.
The role requires a cross-disciplinary approach for implementing the strategies of the business through the appropriate communication channels. These strategies include the brand positioning, pricing strategies, promotional activities, and public relations for all the companies in the group. The multi-channel communications strategy will dovetail with the marketing strategies to maximise reach, efficiency and effectiveness of the marketing budget.
Further to the external messages of the business, the Marketing & Communication Manager will also be responsible for internal intra-group communications as part of our ongoing employee engagement.
- Works closely with the respective companies of the group, to ensure an integrated Marketing strategy across the various companies;
- Directing market analysis and research to identify trends and opportunities;
- Understands the various brands of the group and develops campaigns accordingly;
- Manages the media and advertising campaigns to ensure a consistent branding and messaging approach;
- Develops campaigns, advertising, and PR events in line with the business initiatives;
- Upgrades and maintains the Famalco Group website & social media pages;
- The list of tasks and requirements indicated in this job description is by no means exhaustive, and the Company reserves the right to add or change accordingly, and as per business exigencies which can occur from time to time.
- 3- 5 years experience in marketing, ideally a corporate environment.
- A bachelor degree in marketing, communication, business or related field
Employee Attitudes & Attributes
- Must have a creative flair;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, in both English and Maltese;
- Strong computer skills, including desktop publishing;
- Outstanding networking skills, in particular with the media;
- Excellent people skills and an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude;
- Must be a team player, and provide leadership;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and problem-solve;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, creative and innovative environment.
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at email@example.com or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.