Under the general direction from the Sales & Route Development Manager, the Sales Administration Executive is responsible for ensuring a holistic high customer service level by defining the company’s services, assisting in selecting the best option which suits their needs and other customer requirements. This administrative role involves the promotion, sales and securing of orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain constant communication with the shipping companies according to business exigencies;
- Coordinating with our planning department for trailer pick-ups from the various depots, or direct collection on wheels (dry & temperature-controlled);
- Establishes, develops and maintains an excellent business relationship with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment;
- Liaising, coordinating and maintaining a good working relationship with the company’s local and overseas agencies, partners and other affiliates;
- Obtaining rates, updating import tariffs/ freight rates, handling of rate requests, follow-ups and negotiations with customers;
- Makes telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers
- Handling of incoming enquiries, quotations, follow-ups, negotiations and bookings with clients;
- Communicate and update clients with pending shipments, ensuring that the quality service level promised is conserved during the entire cycle;
- Handling of groupage cargo for importation from designated locations;
- Monitoring consignments and updating the loading list;
- Develops clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers;
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Administrative task responsibilities include issuing of statistics and freight sheets upon arrival;
- Co-ordinate and attend existing/prospective client meetings;
- Work closely with other departments within the company to ascertain that an effective and efficient service is maintained at all times;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Well conversant in English language both written and spoken;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Keep abreast with the local market;
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving with the ability to determine an appropriate resolution for customers;
- Well acquainted with the freight forwarding business sector and services provided;
- Capable to work both independently and within a team environment;
- Creative and proactive approach towards challenges;
- Ability to negotiate, influence and build relationships at all levels including external stakeholders;
- Good understanding of market trend and demand;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A post-secondary level of education;
- Possess previous experience in freight forwarding operations with good knowledge in shipping documents and operations in general
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
The HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.
For a full list of vacancies please visit www.famalco.net or like our facebook page to stay updated with new career opportunities within the Group.