The procurement executive is responsible for procuring, supplying and selling high quality fast moving consumable goods to the Maltese market all year round. The person holding this role is accountable for negotiating with suppliers to develop an annual purchasing strategy to provide the best product at the most cost effective price.
- Negotiate best prices and contracts for supplies of high quality consumable items.
- Able to generate new supplier contacts through referral.
- Monitor market developments and trends.
- Conduct all tender invitations and assessments in an ethical and fair way.
- Liaise with suppliers and relevant internal departments.
- Develop the purchasing strategy and communicate to all relevant managers.
- Prepare tender documentation and invite responses from interested parties/suppliers.
- Evaluate tenders and detailed business bids, sharing recommendations based on commercial and technical factors.
- Ensure deliveries have met expectations and been delivered on time
- Train and supervise more junior staff members.
Qualifications & Experience
- A secondary level of education in technical or related field;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good planning, analytical and organisational skills
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills in Maltese, Italian and English
- Commercial awareness and good all-round business skills
- High standard of numeracy.
- Comfortable leading negotiations and networking
- Confident making important decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Tact and diplomacy
If you possess the right competencies and you are confident to fulfil our expectations, we would like to hear from you. Please send your application and CV at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Department, Famalco Group, Triq il-Pitkali, Attard ATD2214.