CAPTION CONTEST TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The Gioia® Facebook Contest is organised and promoted by Fruitland Co. Ltd (C 15977) of Begonia Stores, Pitkali Road, Attard Malta, henceforth referred to as the “Organiser”. Fruitland Co. Ltd is a subsidiary of Famalco Holdings Limited (C 17342). The Gioia® Facebook Contest begins on Monday 16th June and ends on Monday 30th June, unless otherwise determined by the Organiser.
- This competition is being organised in collaboration with Virtu Ferries, Xatt il-Għassara tal-Għeneb, Marsa, MRS 1917, Malta.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook INC. You are providing your information to the Organiser and not to Facebook, though the Organiser cannot guarantee that your information will not be accessible by Facebook. In addition to abiding by the terms and conditions set forth in this document, you are also required to comply with any terms and conditions laid down and set forth by Facebook INC. for the use of Facebook.
- The Organiser is committed to protect the privacy of individuals who participate in the competition. The data controller of the Organiser is Hermann Mallia, whose office is situated at the address of the Organiser indicated above.
- The information we collect is the information that you yourself provide. The information you provide will only be used for email marketing purposes and not shared with any third parties, though it may be shared with other members of the Famalco Group.
- As an individual you may exercise your right to access the data held about you by the Organiser by submitting your request in writing to the data controller. Although all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your information updated, you are kindly requested to inform the Organiser of any change to your personal data. In any case if you consider that certain information about you is inaccurate, you may request rectification of such data. You also have the right to request the blocking or erasure of data which has been processed unlawfully.
- If you win a prize in the contest, we may also use your name and surname to publicize the fact that you have won a prize in a contest organized by the Organiser.
- The contest is open to all residents of Malta and Gozo who, at the time of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of Famalco Group and its subsidiaries, prize suppliers and partners, and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to participate. Each entrant is eligible to win a maximum of one (1) prize in the contest. In order to be eligible, entrants must follow these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions will result in disqualification of an entrant.
- During the contest period, participants may submit an entry by submitting their caption on the Gioia® Facebook page.
- Entrants can participate in the competition during the entry period by liking the Gioia® Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/GioiaBananas?fref=ts, submit their caption and invite friends to like their caption. Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Copyrighted, obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. The Organiser shall retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content. All entries must comply with applicable Facebook INC terms and conditions of use.
- Any person who has won a prize in the contest shall not be permitted to participate again. The Organiser reserves the right to remove posts by any person who has already won a prize.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend or withdraw the contest in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control.
- Four winners will be chosen based on basis of the captions that receive the most likes. In the event of a tie, the Organiser reserves the right to select a winner based on the following criteria: 1) Uniqueness, 2) Creativity, 3) Relevance.
- Subject to verification and compliance with these terms and conditions, winners will be announced on the official Gioia® Facebook page and notified by Facebook Message and email, following the conclusion of the contest. The Organiser’s decision is final with regards to all aspects of the contest.
- The Organiser shall have the right to publicize the winners’ names on marketing materials.
- Each winner will be awarded 1 ticket Malta to Pozzallo with return from Virtu Ferries. Winners of a ticket shall be provided a voucher giving them the right to a free Malta-Pozzallo-Malta ticket for one person, valid for travel up to the 31st December 2014. Winners shall be required to book directly with Virtu Ferries and the conditions of carriage of Virtu Ferries apply.
- Prizes are final, binding and cannot be appealed. There are no cash alternatives and no substitutions and prize is not transferable except at the sole discretion of Virtu ferries. Any prize details not specified here will be determined by Virtu Ferries in its sole discretion.
- Prizes will be collected from Famalco Group Head Office, Pitkali Road, Attard.
- By participating in the promotion, you agree to be bound by these T&Cs, any applicable Facebook policies and procedures, and notices posted in connection with the promotion, Virtu Ferries’ decisions and interpretations of these T&Cs, and decisions of the contest administrators, which will be final. You further represent and warrant that, based on the official rules, you are eligible to participate in the promotion and that the information you provide is accurate.